Anna Pinkerton is a professionally qualified psychotherapist and author with over 25 years’ experience, she specialises in helping people recover from chronic stress, PTSD, burnout and breakdown.
As a leading expert in the UK for post trauma work, and burnout trauma Anna is uniquely trained in EMDRII, TIR and CATTI protocols (trauma re-processing models). She has successfully incorporated these models into a generic model of person-centred, recovery focused psychotherapy and has pioneered the use of simple drawings and imagery, in line with neuroscience. Her methodology helps people recover thoroughly from chronic stress reactions, traumatic experiences, PTSD, depression and anxiety.
Anna works with individuals and families across the world and specialises in working with entrepreneurs, business leaders and senior executives who have experienced a traumatic event in their life or are suffering from long-term stress, which can result in traumatic breakdown.
Anna is the founder of Kindness Incorporated™ a unique philosophy centered on companionability to self, affecting others and business for the better. Influenced by her personal experience with trauma and recovery Anna has fused the science of kindness with the art of business and has huge passion for the prevention of burnout, burnout trauma and traumatic breakdown.
Anna is also the author of bestselling book Smile Again, a guide for professionals, who have experienced burnout, breakdown and overwhelming stress in life, with practical methods to begin their road to recovery.
- Clinically trained at the University of California, San Francisco, USA
- Uniquely trained in EMDRII, TIR and CATTI protocols (trauma re-processing models), and incorporating these methods into a generic model of person-centered psychotherapy
- Director of Chapters: a creative psychotherapy and training practice working with children, teens, families and adults in Derbyshire and the East Midlands.
- Founder of Kindness Incorporated™
- Established three psychotherapy programs in London for trauma services serving:
- Diverse populations and backgrounds
- Supporting victims of gun and knife wounding
- Witnesses to murder, domestic abuse, muggings, assault, and rape
- Health & Care Professions Council AS06738 Art Psychotherapist
- UK Psychological Trauma Society & ESTSS
- Accredited Mentor for Sheffield Hallam University